Relocation of any kind can be a complex and chaotic undertaking. While office relocations come with the exciting prospects of new opportunities and better growth, they have their fair share of drawbacks as well. Some of the potent ones are:
- Loss in productivity
- Surge in anticipated expenditure
- Unfamiliarity of surroundings and hesitant employees
- Transportation of IT equipment, etc.
Herein, it becomes imperative to have a proper system in place, to minimize disruption of office work and make the relocation seamless.
Read below for a step by step guide to efficient office relocation:
- 1. Planning: Proper planning is the key to propel the process in the right direction. Starting from selecting the right market to expanding the business, all the way up to finalizing the blueprints of the new office, one must plan early. It not only allows you to explore all the viable options but also deal with the anticipated challenges.
- Fixing a timeline: Once the planning is well and truly underway, it is important to fix the time of the move. You must so choose the timeline as to cause a minimum loss in productivity. It is preferable to relocate during the weekends or extended holidays so that none of the clients is greatly inconvenienced.
- Informing employees: Employees have to be informed well in advance so they can make the necessary arrangements for themselves.
- Budgeting: It is vital to set a realistic budget for the moving process. It is practically impossible to relocate on a tight budget and allowances have to be made for any surge in anticipated expenses. Setting aside a portion of the budget for unforeseen challenges is always desirable.
- Hiring professionals: Employing affordable movers and packers is the best way to make the job easy. From disassembling, packing and transporting, to unpacking, reassembling and organizing, everything is taken care of by well trained, experienced and trustworthy professionals. Office movers in Toronto also provide storage services as per requirement.
- Delegating responsibilities: A single person cannot coordinate the entire relocation. Distributing the workload among employees makes the process more efficient. While the IT department can supervise the transportation of equipment, another team can be responsible for updating the documents and informing clients.
- Preparing for contingencies: Companies must also be prepared for contingencies, both mentally and financially. Office moves are generally disruptive for the staff and business, but this can be overcome with proper planning and efficient execution.
- Research and development: Constant research must be simultaneously done to come up with better ideas and refine the plan. These must then be adequately communicated to the teams for immediate implementation.
- Conduct regular meetings: Meetings must be conducted with the teams and movers to keep them abreast about the latest developments.
Let’s Get Moving promises to provide their expert services at extremely reasonable rates. With customer satisfaction as their priority, they are one of the best office moving companies in Toronto. Armed with numerous accolades, excellent past reviews and priceless experience, they certainly live up to the expectations of their clients.
Canada’s favourite movers are right here, ready to help you move!